Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Help Wanted: Apply Within!

Hi guys,

I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time for posting. By the time I've finished doing stuff and then catching up (and commenting) on the ever-increasing number of blogs that I follow, I just can't be bothered to post anything myself! Plus, your blogs are a lot more interesting and entertaining anyway lol.

I really should use the 'draft' option more and just add a little at a time when I can, but... hey ho!

So anyway, I know I have to post the Sex Buddy Chronicles and there are some others in the 'Coming Soon' section of the side-bar that I would like to post, but, should I continue with the 'Poor White Trash', 'Spare the rod...' and 'Sibling Rivalry' posts? Have you heard enough on those?

Speaking of coming soon (If I Could Turn Back Time & Choices); my idea is to "interview" on MSN, or it could be done via email too, a number of fellow bloggers about their lives to date as gay or bi-sexual boys/men.

Ideally, I would like at least one volunteer (yeah, like that's going to happen lol) from each age range (teens to sixty+) so I/we can see the differences between the generations with regard to peoples attitudes towards us, the support that was available to us, how we openly or secretly lived our lives etc.

Questions may include, and these are only possible examples, things about:

Do you believe being gay/bi is predetermined or that we have a choice?
Facing and/or overcoming prejudice from family/friends etc.
Your fears/worries about living as a gay/bi guy.
Do you want a family of your own? How/Why?
What support you've received, and where from (if anything was even available).
Your coming out experience, why you haven't come out, why you can't or won't come out.
Your advice to others in the same situation.

Etc, etc.
There will be quite a lot about the choices we make (although I doubt some will see them as choices, but more like reasons).

I would also like to find out, purely as a fantasy thing and nothing to do with an after-life etc;
If you really could turn back time and choose your life, what choices would you make?

Would you be gay/bi/straight?
Would you change your looks, your body, your parents, your siblings, your career, and of course... why would you choose to change those things?

I haven't actually made a list of 'real' questions yet because I don't want to waste my time if nobody is interested, so... If you are interested in being an interviewee, please send me an email. You will not be committed to the project just by showing an interest, but at least I'll know whether the project will be worth pursuing. I will not share your names either, until your interview is published of course. Oh, and don't worry, I will not be asking you anything sexual, or about what you look like, or anything pervy at all lol.

Once the questions have been put together (and If any readers have "proper and decent" questions they would like to see included, just email me), you would have at least two weeks to ponder your thoughts/answers etc. before the interview.

I really hope to hear from bloggers included in both my blog lists, but any gay/bi bloggers are welcome. C'mon, what have you got to lose? You may even help others in the process!

I look forward to a high volume of emails in the next couple of days... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!


Take care everyone,

Col

11 comments:

  1. I'm interested. My life has been pretty eventful. But why are you doing it? o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Ooh Ooh.. Pick Me!! Pick Me!!

    *jumping up and down*

    Actually, I'm already a celebrity after my "interview" on um.. (brain went blank) that other blog....

    Good to see you back on track here Col... hope you're keeping your chin up a bit. Its always nice talking with you too.

    You choose whats important to you to write about... we'll still be here following along!

    :)

    mirroroby would prolly make a good candidate too... questions about hair... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do it! (still got prob of computer crashing with IM tho so have to be email for now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Col - I'm up for it - get my MSN addy from my profile =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could ask if they are out at work. How, who, why, response from co-workers. What type of job?. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you, I seriously was not expecting this :)

    @ Mirrorboy: I hope my email explained some of it. If you want to know anything else just email me or we can chat (if the timing's right, unlike just now lol).

    @ Seth: Lol. I read your interview a while back, this one is a little different though!
    Thanks for your kind words, and it's always nice talking to you too :)

    @ KyleT: I thought you might lol. No probs with doing it by email, but it'll probably take a little more time if anything needs to be clarified. Is it okay to add you as an MSN contact anyway?

    @ Doomed But Cheerful: So we have a "genius" wishing to participate lol! Great stuff! I most certainly will add you on MSN.

    @ Musicbuff: Good one! I could certainly include some of those questions. Thanks.


    It's not too late if anybody else wants to be included. You know what to do if you're interested ;)

    Thanks again to everybody.

    Bye for now,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  7. yo col, u changed ur profile pic! the interviews sound interestin, but torchy's an enigmatic boy (so to speak), so my 'no comments' may not be of much help 2 u! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ torchy!: Lol. I'll take that as a "NO" then!
    If only you were one of THE Enigmatic Boys... Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe. i might be tho! just think of valentin when u think of me. yummm

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Col: sorry I didn't get to chat with you today... err... tonite... err.. yesterday. whenever you messaged me, i was in a bit of a tizzy i didn't mean to be rude/

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete