Sunday, November 9, 2008

An Intro to my family & friends.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up on some of the people you'll read about in future blogs.
Of course all names have been changed, and some are pretty corny, but they're apt...Lol.

Family:

Mum - She's getting old now and suffers from all manner of things. She's on all kinds of medication for her aches and pains and she has Diabetes too...injects herself (not sure what that type is), and it runs in her family. Luckily she's the only one in my family so far but I guess the rest of have a risk of it in the future.
Anyway, when my parents split up (I was 15) she went through a really tough time. Her bf already had 3 kids of his own living with him and there wouldn't be room for another five, so, she fought for custody of Dick and Harry only. I understood the reason for this but her guilt over that decision and the shit she was getting from my dad sent her into a bad depression.
My dad was determined to not let my mum have any of us, this was not out of love for us but simply because he wanted to punish her...it was all about HIM!
He threatened us all that if we ever attempted to speak to her or visit her he would kill us.
When we were individually interviewed by social services (or something) he threatened us that he would kill us if we didn't say we wanted to live with him.
Anyway, we did as ordered regardless of what we really wanted to do and it was decided by the powers that be that my mum was an unfit mother and sole custody be given to my dad.
This decision sent her over the edge and she ended up on all kinds of medication, some of it made her hallucinate and she would stay in bed for days on end, not even knowing where she was. She'd talk to herself or an imaginary somebody and try to leave the house in just her sleepwear.
She was a mess, and it was all down to my wonderful dad!!

Dad - What can I say?
There's a lot more about him in future blogs....stay tuned lol.

Midge - Sis (2 years older)
Reason for name: she's even shorter than me...lol! Didn't think that was possible.
She re-married but just has the two kids from her marriage to Wanker. She has never been maternal and has more time for her kids now they're grown up than she did when they really needed her (Bad mum!). I get along with her current husband even though he's anti gay. He makes the effort to chat etc, but you can so see he's uncomfortable. I don't care because I rarely see either of them anyway.

Wanker - Ex brother-in-law: Violent, alcoholic gay (yes GAY! He came out before I did) Irishman who badly mistreated his wife and kids, especially his kids, and sexually abused me and Tom, possibly others...I don't know.

Tom - Bro (11 months younger...yeah 11 months...a mistake I wonder? lol)
No reason for name...lol.
You'll read a lot about Tom so I'll save it for the posts...lol.

Dick - Bro (6 years younger)
No reason for name.
Not much to tell.

Harry - Bro (8 years younger)
Ditto Dick.

Bitch - Half Sis (20 years younger, I think)
Reason for name: Do I need to spell it out...lol.
Not much to tell except everything she does winds me up. She pretends to be somebody she's not...a caring, loving sister. She's just a two-faced backstabber. She's always calling me "hon" and "babe" even though I've asked her not to...Aaaaargh!!! I hate being called things like that. I have a name goddamnit!

Friends:

Marmite - Currently been best friends for about 10 years.
Reason for name: People either love him or hate him...there just doesn't appear to be an in-between thing with him!
He is gay and came out when he was 18. His dad chucked him out so he moved in with his bf. His bf was also his 40 year old boss.
He's now 32 and loves doing Drag (he's actually a really classy looking Drag Queen) and Karaoke. He's always been into the gay scene, will have sex with anything that has a pulse and doesn't give a shit what people think of him.
I think he's a very, very funny guy and we just clicked as soon as we met. When we see each other we spend most of our time literally crying with laughter. It's fantastic!
He lives hundreds of miles away so we don't get to see each other often. We always holiday together though and he's supposed to be going to live abroad with me (that's the plan, but I'm not sure he will save any money).
The thing is...apart from having a great time with him, he is the opposite of me. He's confident and outgoing, he's a slag, he thinks only of himself, he loves the scene, he prefers busy bars/clubs.
There has never been any sexual attraction or contact between us and he has betrayed my trust and friendship in a huge way (future post).

Melon - Marmite's ex bf and the first person I came out to (though I said I was bi).
Reason for name: We used to joke that it looked like he had a Pineapple in his pants...BIG boy!...not that I ever saw it but it was obvious, plus Marmite used to be a size queen.
Anyway, I'm too lazy to keep typing Pineapple...so Melon it is!
Sadly we don't see each other anymore.

Madonna - A good friend. She's straight and been seeing the same guy, on and off, since she wa 16. She's now 25. He's a total waster who doesn't deserve her and for some weird reason he's totally jealous of our relationship. The last time I met him, July this year, he raged about (and I quote): "she loves you more than she does me. Looks like you've won again!!" Then he stormed out. I didn't know I was competeing in any competition, we just get on really well and anyway...I AM GAY!! so what's his fucking problem?
Mind you, she did ask me if we could have a baby (seriously), but that'll be in a future post.

I keep saying about "future posts" but I may end up just quitting this, so don't hold your breath...yeah, like you were anyway lol.

There are other friends from my school days and work who will just be mentioned when the need arises.

I hope this has helped you to gain an insight into my life, or parts of it at least, so if I do post in the future you'll have an idea about the people included in them.

If you've read this...thanks!

If you have any questions about this post or me, or indeed anything else, then please ask.

All comments welcomed guys!

God bless,
Col

4 comments:

  1. The Nettle Memoires? :+) I love, darling, I really do :) *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have a pretty mixed up life (with all due respect).
    i hope you continue on with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do have an … erm … *interesting * family. Congrats on surviving. It can't have been easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ jhorner: Thanks sweetie. I'm looking forward to hearing about your date on Saturday :)

    @ Anon: You could say that...lol. I think I'm pretty well adjusted, all things considered. Thanks for your comment.

    @ naturgesetz: Nicely put...lol. I figure if I survived my childhood I can survive anything! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete