Monday, December 29, 2008

Sexually Abused! (Part Two)

So, after Peter and I showered that evening we joined the volunteers in the dining tent and listened to a guy play the guitar. If we knew the words to the songs we'd join in. It was great fun. Lol.

Bedtime soon came.
Dom, Peter and I were sharing a tent and Dom laid his sleeping bag out in the middle, so we had to sleep either side of him.
It was horrible getting undressed and into our pyjamas in front of Dom, and he wasn't exactly shy about getting undressed in front of us!

Anyway, I can't remember what time it was when I awoke, but I know it was early morning...around 6.00am(ish) because it was quite light.
So, I was laying on my left side (my favourite position) in my sleeping bag, having a wonderful sexy dream. I was being wanked off and it was fantastic, so realistic. It was slow and tender, not rushed.
The next thing I remember was hearing "Are you awake Col?" I thought I was still dreaming so I didn't answer. Lol.
Then I heard, right up close to my ear "Oh yes, he's awake!" and I fucking jumped out of my skin. It was Dom. He was on his side, his face so close to mine, and his right arm was still inside my sleeping bag...still wanking me off!!

It was obviously Peter who had asked if I was awake, having seen what Dom was doing.
I was confused and shocked, I didn't know what to say or do...shout at him? Cry? Turn over and pretend to be asleep? I didn't know!

It must have only been seconds later that I just pulled Dom's hand away and said something like "Yeah, I'm awake now!"
I got out of my bag, grabbed my clothes and trainers, said I was going to take a shower and left the tent, without looking at either of them. I was headed towards the showers when Peter ran up behind me, with his clothes in his hands, and asked me if I was alright. I knew I had tears in my eyes when I said I was okay but I managed to hold back the full flow.

He didn't say anything else and I was grateful for that. I didn't say anything to him either, we never spoke about it again, but I often wondered why was he awake so early? Had Dom "played" with him too?

Anyway, we headed to the showers and luckily Peter had thought to grab his toiletries bag and a towel. I hadn't, I'd just wanted to get out of the tent as quick as possible. Lol.
It was bloody cold that early in the morning, and it didn't help trying to dry myself on Peter's wet towel either, but I felt better already. I just used my finger and his toothpaste to clean my teeth because I didn't want to go back to the tent.

When I eventually plucked up the courage to face Dom again I said I wanted to sleep in the same tent as my brother Tom for the rest of the week. He would be arriving later that day. He didn't try to change my mind, maybe he felt guilty? Maybe he was afraid I would tell somebody about what he'd done? Again, I don't know!
Tom knew that something was wrong with me shortly after arriving, but I just told him I'd had a headache all day because I was tired.

I enjoyed the rest of the holiday very much, and made some good friends for a short time anyway.

When I returned home I did cry about it in private. I couldn't tell my parents, especially my dad. I thought, and felt, that people would think it was all my fault, that I couldn't have really been asleep and so I knew what was happening. That in turn made me feel guilty...maybe I did really know, but I was enjoying it and didn't want to admit it to myself! That made me feel really disgusted with myself. Maybe I gave Dom some signals which he just reacted to, so I deserved it?

I rarely even think about it now unless either of two things triggers the memory:

1...I hear the song "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer. I heard that song so much whilst on that holiday.

2...When people talk about Elvis dying. He died about a week after I got back home.


I would say this to anybody who has been abused, whether it's sexually, physically or mentally...

...talk to somebody, anybody, but do it! Don't feel guilty, you are the victim and the abuser deserves to be, and should be punished. There are freephone helplines and the Samaritans, if you want to remain anonymous...but speak out regardless, do not suffer in silence. You are not alone.

My "cyber" door is always open to anybody who wants to talk or email, and I know the same can be said for many of my fellow bloggers.

I've decided not to post any humour today. I don't think it would be appropriate, sorry!


Take care everyone!

Col

7 comments:

  1. Im glad you wrote this because i can tell its something that has bothered you for a long time. Nothing like that ever happened to me but it would make me pretty angry if it did. I had a bf for a while and he was a few years older than me and there was this whole thing about he could get in trouble about it because of my age if anybody found out, and it bothered him a lot, but we never did anything that i didnt want to do and it would have been a whole different thing if it was like he had tricked me or did something while i was asleep like that guy did to you. And i think your advice was good too, nobody should let somebody get away with that kind of thing.
    **hugs**
    kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col,
    I was never abused sexually, but I know what it must have been for you.Not able to talk about it. I had a boyfriend once who was sexually abused by his stepfather for many years, and he told me lots of gory details. So I know what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it must feel very embarrassing to talk about abuse when you are the victim. Thanks for posting and encouraging other victims to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs*
    Thanks for such a personal story. Hopefully it helps somebody out there fight an abuser. I was never abused so I can only imagine how horrible it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you feel, and I'm really glad you've written about this thing here. I hope that means you're coming to terms with it, and that means you may be able to come to terms with yourself.

    Whatever happens, you must learn not to hate yourself. For a lot of people self-hatred is what lies at the heart of their emotional problems. You have to look at everything in your life in context, and you have to know that inside yourself there is goodness that can grow again, if only you can let it.

    You're a brave man, clearly, probably braver than I am. I really hope this can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your kind words guys. I feel I have to point out that I do not hate myself and I stopped blaming myself many, many years ago.

    Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your comments very much indeed, I hope you know that by now.

    I never told anybody before because it's not exactly an everyday topic of conversation, but I hope that in publishing it somebody else will take my advice and get the help they deserve.

    I explained in my "introduction" post that I would share my life with you, and that means all the crap too. Lol.

    p.s. Kyle, you sound like a very sensible young man anyway, but please be careful.

    Take care guys,
    Col

    ReplyDelete