Sunday, December 7, 2008

Beyond Belief

I recently received a comment from Musicbuff which I could not believe. He left the comment on the "fairy Lights" post, but it was made in response to my reply to a comment from Patrick, on my "Spare the rod - Part 1" post...got that lol?

Now I know you guys are generous with your time, your comments, your thoughts and your advice...for which I am eternally grateful, but...well, see for yourself:

From Musicbuff:

Please do not be offended by this but, if you set up a pay pal account i am sure we could donate what we can each afford. I feel that you have loyal readers and we do not want one of our favorites to be in distress while keeping us entertained and informed. Please give it serious thought my friend.

I was genuinely touched by his kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity. I felt I had to post about it.

In this crazy, messed-up world we live in it's just so heart warming, and amazing, to know that there are wonderful people like Musicbuff out there...it doesn't matter whether he was willing to donate $10,000 or $1 to help me heat my home, the point is this...I'm a virtual stranger who he doesn't know from Adam, and yet he cares!!

Now, needless to say that I did reply by email (it deserved no less from me) and politely refused, it's not something I would, or could, do...so don't panic, I'm not expecting any offers from anybody lol!!
I just wanted to bring his generosity to everybody's attention and thank him publicly, so...

...Thank you Musicbuff, you're a wonderful guy!!

I hope I haven't embarrassed you and I hope you're not suddenly inundated with begging letters either lol.

Take care everyone!

Col

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a really generous and sweet gesture from Musicbuff. Its rare to see generosity like that.

    Hang in there buddy - sending you warm *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col,
    I was just touched to read that you had no heating during the day time, because you can't afford it. It still bothers me to think of you that way, behind your keyboard with your gloves on. I think it is very generous of Musicbuff to donate money to you. Maybe it isn't such a bad idea. Maybe we should all donate something, hoping this will brighten your up your christmas this year. I've chatted with you this weekend on msn, and I've come to the conclusion that you deserve a donation mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Col, Thank you for your kind words on my behalf.A little embarrassed yes, but at least for a good cause this time!LOL!My offer still,and always will,stand.I do not have much but,do not like seeing anybody do without.All i would ever ask in return is that you help someone when you can.Not like you would not do that anyway! Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Seth: Wasn't it!! Thanks Seth.

    @ Patrick: Thanks for the kind thoughts, and thanks for chatting too!

    @ Musicbuff: Lol, thanks again my friend! And you are right, I would...and I've always tried to.

    Take care,
    Col

    ReplyDelete