Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thanks, Plugs & Polls!

Hi guys,

I haven't said it for a while, but many thanks for all your recent comments! Considering I haven't made a post about me or my life in a loooong time, and I really only post humorous (to me anyway) stuff now, with the odd cutie thrown in; I'm happy to receive any comments at all. Haha!

I really do appreciate them all!!!

To those of you that have emailed me; I thank you most sincerely!! It's really nice to know that there are people who think about and possibly care about me!!

You're the best!!

On to the 'plugs' then... A warm welcome to three new followers, who each have their own blogs:

First up is 18 year old US student Dan, from the Daily Dan blogspot. He's been in love with his best friend for four years, but before he fell in love with him; he really didn't like him at all! Weird? Go check him out and decide for yourself! Of course his blog is about school and other stuff too and it's a great read. Allegedly, he's also "super-cute" (I think that was Mirrorboy's description), a great american football player and loves playing basketball too! So there you go, if that hasn't made you want to check him out; I don't know what will. Lol!

Next is Highwayman, who's blog is called The Night Rider. He's 35, a truck driver, lives in Salt Lake City, Utah and he's married with 3 children. In his own words, he is "struggling to find his path in life." The text below is taken from one of his recent posts (I hope he doesn't mind) and I think it will give you a better understanding of what he's been through, and still going through now, than I ever could...

"...My experience with my parents had such a negative impact on me that it threw me back into the closet and locked it with a deadbolt until about a year ago.
During this time however, I managed to get married to a woman and fathered 3 children. They are 13, 11, and 8. One boy and two girls. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife because she is the mother of my children, however as of about a year ago, that is simply not enough for me anymore. I found myself wanting more than just the connection of children. I desired a true love, where we couldn't stand to be apart for more than a few hours at a time. I just don't have that with the mother of my children. I can't write anymore right now as it is painful for me to think about abandoning my children for my own happiness..."

So please pay him a visit and offer whatever support you can. That is one situation I'm glad I will never be in, and it's more common than many people think. I have had the same situation in my sister's family, so I really feel for Highwayman and his family. Also, he sounds like a truly nice guy (and I'm sure he is).


Finally we have Bob. Yay!!! I'm sure he must have broken some kind of record for the amount of followers and comments received on a debut post. Haha!! And of course; he deserves each and every one of them. For those regular readers among you, you may remember his interview from my "An Interview With..." series. He's a really nice guy; helpful, considerate, caring and generous to a fault! He's always there with words of encouragement and I'm really happy that he finally decided (or was pushed into. Lol!) to start his own blog.

Haha! So excited I forgot to tell you what it's called... Riding the Wave. It's brand new, only one post, so there's no catching-up to do either. Please go and say "Hi!" to a wonderful guy!

There are some other blogs that are new to my lists (on the right hand side-bar) too. One of them has been about for a looong time and has had 1,275,196 (and rising) visitors, but strangely enough it only had 23 followers up until Saturday. Then I followed, to make it 24 and then Mirrorboy plugged the site on Sunday/Monday and now there's 28, but I still thinks that that's not enough. So much time and effort has been put into this blog, so please visit him and show your appreciation by leaving a comment. And, you could always become a follower :)

Now, I have visited it and left comments in the past, but not on a regular basis. I really should've started following it ages ago too because there are so many beautiful guys on there it's unreal. And, it's not just beautiful guys either; it's about fashion, film and TV too. Oh, you must have a look at Bloggy Bear's archives. Soooo cute!!! There are also stacks of links to other cool sites to keep you "stimulated" too. So, the author is... Deejohn and the blog, of course, is Westasian.

Last but not least there's Ben. A 20 year old
from the US in his third year of University, studying a Bachelor of Communication with a major in Communication Management. His blog is called Confessions of a Poor Student and it's about his life at University, work, his boyfriend, his family and friends etc. His latest post is really quite sad, and happy! But it sounds like he's been going through a rough time like many other bloggers. So, please go and give him your support and encouragement.

Now for the polls... SOD 'EM!! I really can't be bothered now. Haha! Maybe another time. This post has taken me ages and my pc has crashed 3 times too. Thank God for 'autosave' Lol!

I'm going to finish my fruit salad before it goes warm :)

Take care guys and enjoy the rest of the week!

Col

9 comments:

  1. Big Chief say - U make a lot of sense!

    Even so - there's a lot of fledglings about! There's also some older roosters. They all need a bit of tlc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col

    thanks so much for the kind words and giving me a plug. And thanks once again for letting me into this world some more through your interview series, which if any of our new comers haven't read they should

    hope all is well take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Col we love you for anything you post and just for being here!!! Good to see you posting, anytime.

    *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Col for the kind words. You're right about m/b sending a few my way. Just finished a monster posting and it's worn me out.

    Oooh I always keep my tinned fruit salad as well as oranges in the fridge. Luv em cold.

    Thanks again.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks soooo much. It really means a lot.
    hopefully we can talk on msn or somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey man! Thnks heaps for the plug! and the comments! Theyve been great!

    Take care

    B xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiya col! the blogosphere wouldn't be the same with out ya, regardless of what you post about. so, you haven't got anything personal to post right now. maybe someday you will again. :) besides, i love the funnies, and deffo love the cuties. :p keep on keepin' on mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Micky: Yes, you're right Micky... they do!

    @ Bob: You're very welcome Bob. I hope you're ok too!

    @ Seth: Thanks Seth, you're too kind! *Hugs*

    @ deejohn: You're welcome, and I meant every word! Oh, I only like fresh fruit salad btw :)

    @ Daily Dan: If I managed to get you anymore readers and/or followers then I'm happy to have helped. If I didn't... then I'm sorry. Lol! I haven't been on MSN for some time now, but when I eventually get back on I'd love to chat!

    @ A Poor Student: You're welcome. Hope you're doing ok!

    @ Deadwing: Aah thanks, that's so sweet! I'll probably post something soon. Haha!

    ReplyDelete